Friday, August 14, 2009

Preparations & The Ticking Clock


Oh man, it is always so difficult to get ready for a trip. I have to clear my work calendar, make arrangements for the kids and all their activities (it takes a 3-D spreadsheet to chart it all!), clear my desk and pay all my bills. I always think I need to have everything in order before I leave. I don't think I'd ever pay my bills if it weren't for traveling.


My plan is to leave Wednesday a.m. - actually, that's the soonest I think I can get away....can't wait to hit that open road with my pup!


But a lot to do in limited time before that. Speaking of time...I'm sure you've heard dogs have a different sense of time. I read a book once about a girl who could speak to animals. She was taking care of a some dogs and told them to wait a minute, that she'd "be right back" while she went to talk with someone. One dog immediately yelped, "Last time you said that you'd be right back, you were gone for 5 years!" The girl answered,"I was not, I only went to the bathroom!" The dog replied, "It seemed like 5 years to us." Maybe that's why dogs are so happy to see us when we come home- even if we just step out for a few minutes- because to them it's been 5 years. But maybe time only drags for dogs when we are not with them. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment