Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 5: Private Session with Tammy 2 of 2




Okay, I know this is what many of us are waiting to read and see.....Winnie's meeting with Cloud! Tammy's herding champion and Winnie's future mate.

Anyhow, here are pics of them meeting and then Winnie flirting terribly with Cloud!
I think it will be a great match. Cloud has a wonderful disposition- sweet and calm and obedient. But a keen herder who has great instinct and can work independently on stock. I also saw him back down some very aggressive sheep! Plus, as explained before, he is the perfect color (tri) to mate to Winnie's blue merle color. Once I get Winnie's eyes and hips tested and okay'd, we will make some definite dating plans. I will want pups to go to herding homes, so let me know if you are interested. In the meantime, we are learning a lot from Cloud about being a star Sheltie herding champion!

BTW-Tammy says Winnie is the type of dog that can be a herding champion because she has so much drive and she is willful!! (I'm taking this as a compliment.) I think I did hear some sympathetic whispers today about how hard it would be to have this for your first herding dog.) Well, it takes one to know one. :)

2 comments: